“XLP offers young people a way away from those influences that would destroy their lives and destroy the lives of others around them. XLP is effective for that reason; they give them a way out that so few organisations do.”
- Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP Founder of the Centre for Social Justice, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
“ [XLP is] Incredible and revolutionary” - HRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
“There were moments visiting XLP you felt you were being tugged on your heart strings. You were very close to tears, looking at these young people who could have been going down a cul-de-sac but then they realised what incredible potential they have when given the chance to blossom.”
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Archbishop Emeritus of Cape Town, Nobel Peace Laureate and Chair of The Elders
“I just wanted to write and say a big thank you for the support and encouragement you've given to Charlie. It's been really appreciated and I've seen Charlie grow a level in a very short space of time. The feedback for her tonight was a great incentive. I also wanted to say what a wonderful job you and the rest of the team are doing – your enthusiasm is infectious! I loved listening to the feedback given to the young people tonight. And what an amazing opportunity they all have!”
- Renny Raphael-Campbell, Parent of XLP Arts Showcase participant
“It was a great opportunity to visit XLP. I say that because I met some extraordinary young people who were coping with a lot of difficulties and have decided on taking a path that will help them to develop their full potential, and they were greatly helped by XLP.”
- Mary Robinson First female President of Ireland, former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and a member of The Elders
“Young people need to have boundaries, they need to have discipline, and they need to have hope. That’s what XLP gives them...We need to expand this project and we need to support it.”
- Boris Johnson Mayor of London, journalist, former MP for Henley
“We have worked with many youth providers (both statutory and voluntary sector) over the last few years, and without a doubt the service XLP provides is head and shoulders above the rest. Their commitment and dedication to our residents is second to none and their dedicated and passionate staff team always go the extra mile. This is something the young people recognise and respond to”.
- Charlotte Benstead, Director – The Creation Trust
“XLP has become the role model for good positive work with kids on estates and on the streets and has played a phenomenal part in transforming the lives of hundreds, probably thousands, of young people and thereby transforming the prospects for the future of our cities in this country.”
- Rt Hon Simon Hughes MP, Former Liberal Democrat Party President, Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrats
“I have found XLP and their bus project highly professional. XLP have proven consistently that their services provided work and also providing excellent value for money. They have supported some of the most challenging individuals in our community and have seen an improvement in many aspects of their lives. XLP have established an excellent working relationships not only with the public but also the business community and this has benefitted everyone”.
- Rebecca Skinner PC 840RG, Greenwich Police
“XLP are trustworthy and plan effective sessions that meet the needs of our young people. They are reliable and friendly. They understand and respect the needs of the schools they work with, and seek to support their ethos and values. Over the past 10 years, XLP have never let us down – their delivery is professional and support is consistent”.
- Lucy Frame, Vice Principal, Walworth Academy
“XLP and Patrick vocalise the questions that we must keep asking, their personal stories and thoughtful exploration of gang culture form a powerful call to action.”
- Rt Hon David Lammy MP Former Minister for Innovation, Universities and Skills and author of Out of the Ashes: Britain after the Riots.
“I am inspired by what XLP do and how they do it. It is essential that we engage with young people growing up in inner city and encourage them to stay in school, access training and employment, and become positive members of our communities. XLP are making a real difference.”
- Commander Mak Chrishty, Community Engagement, Metropolitan Police
“XLP work to a very high standard, deliver excellent results and it is a pleasure to work with them. I hope that we will continue to work with XLP as they embody the ethos of the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust and deliver projects for young people that have a long lasting impact.”
- Baroness Lawrence of Clarendon, Founder and External Director The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust